Technology has made it easier than ever for individuals to boost their earnings with profitable side-gigs. And while U.S. workers of all ages are reaping the greatest rewards, young freelancers across Asia are quickly getting in on the act.
- Freelancers from the US spend more than 1 billion hours per week freelancing.
- Over 57 million people do freelance work.
- 61% of freelancers specialize in 2 to 3 skills.
- 61% of freelancers say they freelance by choice.
- 51% of freelancers say they will not go back to a traditional job.
- 25% of freelancers say they can find work within 24 hours.
- 71% of freelancers say they had more online work this year
- 63% of freelancers agree that having multiple clients is more secure than sticking with just one.
- 70% of freelancers work on 2–4 projects at a time.
- 33% of freelancers work in creative fields.
- 25% of freelancers say their ideal work environment is their home.
Upwork Statistics: What Makes the Best Freelancing Platform?
- Freelancers earn more than $1 billion per year on Upwork.
- Upwork has 12 million registered freelancers.
- Front-end developers earn $15–$150 per hour on Upwork.
- The average rate for graphic designers on Upwork is $45 per hour.
Reading through the list above, it can easily be deduced that freelancing is much like any other type of work not for everyone. The freelance statistics show us that freelancing is rapidly becoming the future of the business world. They also convince us that freelancing might just be the way to live better and happier lives.
Top 5 Freelance Platforms